This great tasting super-easy pie crust has a slight sweetness making it a perfect pair to Bourbon Derby Pie. Having made this 100’s of times, I strongly recommend using organic butter. The moleculear structure of organic butter is such that it is much easier to work into pie crust. Do not pre-cook this pie shell — it melts down the side…
Yield: 1 pastry shell for 9″ pie
Time: 20 minutes + 1 hour in fridge
- 1 1/4 cups flour
- 1/4 cup sugar
- cinnamon to taste
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) butter, chilled
- 1 1/2 tablespoons beaten egg
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Combine the flour, sugar, cinnamon and butter in a food processor container and process until crumbly. Add the egg and vanilla in a stream, processing constantly until the mixture forms a ball.
- Wrap in plastic wrap and chill in the refrigerator for 1 hour.
- Roll to fit a 9-inch pie plate on a lightly floured surface and fit into the pie plate.
Pairs well with…
Source: adapted from Splendor in the Bluegrass