Yield: 8 servings as tapas, 4 servings as light main
Time: 40 minutes total
Fantastic kebabs made with pork, chicken, prawns, or lamb.
- 2 T chopped onion
- 4 large garlic cloves, chopped
- 1 T smoked sweet Spanish paprika
- 1/2 t smoked hot Spanish paprika (or 1/4 t cayenne)
- coarse salt
- 1 t dried oregano
- 1 t black peppercorn
- 2 t dried thyme
- 1 t ground cumin
- 1/2 t ground cinnamon
- 1 bay leaf, crumbled
- 2 T best quality white wine vinegar
- 3 T olive oil, plus more for brushing on kebabs
- 1 1/2 pounds pork shoulder or tenderloin, leg of lamb, chicken breasts or boneless thighs, cut into 1/2 inch cubes
- Place all ingredients (except meat!) in mini food processor and process into a paste.
- Place meat in bowl, add marinade paste and toss to combine. Cover and refrigerate for 4-6 hours (adjust marinate time based on meat), tossing a few times.
- Prepare grill.
- Thread the meat onto skewers and brush with a little olive oil. Cook the meat, turning once, until just cooked through. Pork might take 5-7 minutes. Lamb will take a little less long. Shrimp might take 4 minutes.
- Serve at once.