This is a terrific meal on a hot summer day. It tastes really good, and is incredibly simple. I serve it on a bed of lettuce with Lime Champagne Vinegar Dressing or Garlic Lemon Anchovy Dressing : 1 croquette for lunch, 2 croquette for dinner. And, the patties can be shaped ahead of time, making this dish a candidate for a lunch or dinner party.
Yield: 6 servings (12 croquettes)
Time: about 45 minutes
- 1 7 1/2-ounce can salmon
- 1 1/2 pounds cooked potatoes, finely diced (about 4 cups)
- 1/2 cup finely chopped green pepper
- 2 tablespoons minced onion
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- Freshly ground black pepper to taste
- Canola oil for frying
- Drain the salmon, discard the skin and obvious bones, and flake the salmon with a fork.
- In a medium-sized bowl, combine the salmon with the potatoes, green pepper, onion, egg, salt and black pepper. Shape the mixture into 12 patties.
- Lightly oil a nonstick skillet or griddle, and fry the patties until they are browned on both sides.
- Serve on a bed of salad tossed with a light lime vinaigrette dressing, possibly with sriracha or ponzu.