Time: 20 minutes
Yield: 4-6 servings
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1 pound fresh fettuccine
- 3/4 cup freshly grated Parmigiano-Reggiano cheese
- 8 slices of bacon, pre-cooked
- Dash of freshly ground nutmeg or pepper
- Bring 6 quarts generously salted water to a boil.
- While the water heats, melt the butter in a large, deep skillet. Add 1/4 cup cream and whisk with butter until combined. Turn off heat (momentarily).
- Meanwhile, cook the pasta, until al dente. (Leaving 1.5 – 2 minutes for cooking. The pasta will float when it’s done.) Drain, but reserve a little cooking water.
- Return cream mixture to low heat. Pour hot pasta into the cream mixture and toss to coat. Add remaining cream, cheese, and bacon and keep tossing gently until cream is mostly absorbed. Season with salt and pepper. If sauce is absorbed too much, toss with a little pasta water. Serve in warm bowls.