Kale chips, the perfect snack. So quick, so easy, so tasty, so portable. In our house, a batch of kale chips lasts about 20 minutes.
Time: 20 minutes
Yield: approx 2 cups
- 1 small bunch of kale (about 1/2 pound)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder or 1/2 teaspoon soy sauce or lime juice or curry powder (or not! all of these are optional)
- Preheat oven to 350ºF (convection if you have it).
- Remove center rib and stems from kale, discard. Tear or cut leaves into bite-sized pieces. Wash and pat dry.
- Place kale in large bowl, toss with olive oil and salt. Massage into kale to evenly distribute. Place in single layer on baking sheets; bake until crisp, about 12-15 minutes.