Yield: makes 1 drink
Time: 5 minutes
- 1/2 cup shaved ice
- 2 1/2 ounce your favorite Kentucky bourbon
- 1/2 ounce Simple Syrup or Mint Infused Simple Syrup
- fresh mint for garnish
- Place mint and simple syrup in julep cup or 8- to 10-ounce old-fashioned glass and gently crush leaves with a wooden muddler. Loosely pack cup with shaved ice, add bourbon; drizzle additional simple syrup on top for extra sweetness, stir, and garnish with mint.
- Best enjoyed in a shiny silver julep cup, with a cocktail napkin to keep your hand from freezing.
- Note: If a metal julep cup is used, use a wooden muddler to eliminate the possibility of scratching your julep cup.