Yield: 2 to 4 servings
Time: About 1 hour 15 minutes (depending on size of squash)
This was great, and although it took time, was very easy to make. Universally enjoyed. And paired well with arctic char and braised kale.
- 2 or 3 delicata squash
- 2 tablespoons canola or other vegetable oil
- Salt and white pepper
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Halve squash lengthwise and place on a cookie sheet, cut sides up. Rub with oil, and season with salt and white pepper to taste. Roast until flesh yields easily to the touch, 30 to 60 minutes, depending on size of squash.
- Remove from oven and scoop out and discard seeds from central cavity. Scoop out flesh and place in a food processor. Process until very smooth. Transfer to a nonstick saucepan, place over low heat, and stir constantly until any liquid has evaporated and squash is dry, 8 to 10 minutes.
- Transfer to a food mill and press squash through into nonstick saucepan. Stir in butter and cinnamon. Season with salt and white pepper as needed. Return to low heat just until reheated. Use immediately, or cover and refrigerate for up to 24 hours. Reheat gently before serving.
Pairs well with…
- Dinner suggestion: Roasted Arctic Char With Ancho-Shallot Butter with Roasted Delicata Squash Puree and Braised Kale