Yield: 4 servings
Everyone liked this, excellent use of spaghetti squash. fry the tofu in a wok.
- 2 cup roughly chopped tomatoes
- 4 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic, diced
- 3-pound spaghetti squash
- 1/4 cup shredded fresh basil leaves plus additional for garnish
- 1 tablespoon oregano, fresh if available
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan
- salt and pepper to taste
Fried tofu: (optional)
- 1-pound firm tofu
- 1/4 cup canola oil
- Roast tomatoes: Preheat oven to 250. Add tomatoes and garlic to baking dish; toss with olive oil. Roast tomatoes for 1.5 – 2 hours.
- Roast spaghetti squash: Preheat oven to 375. Halve squash, scooping out seeds. Place squash, cut side down, in a lightly oiled baking dish. After 45 minutes, check if squash is cooked (a knife will easily pierce skin).
- Meanwhile, chop basil and oregano, grate parmesan. Add herbs to roasted tomatoes; salt and pepper to taste.
- Fry tofu: Cube tofu (my preference is something like 1/4″-thick, 1/2″-wide). Add canola oil to a frying pan or wok. Carefully fry tofu (the oil is very hot).
- Compile: Scoop out cooked spaghetti squash, placing in a pasta bowl. Sprinkle some parmesan, top with roasted tomato sauce and more parmesan.