Yield: 4 to 6 servings
- 2 medium fennel bulbs, trimmed, some fronds reserved
- 3 celery ribs, trimmed
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 3 tablespoons fresh lemon juice, more to taste
- Salt to taste
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper, more to taste
- Freshly shaved Parmesan cheese
- Cut fennel bulbs in quarters lengthwise, discarding outer layer if it is exceedingly tough. Use a mandoline to slice quarters thinly; slice celery equally thin.
- Put sliced fennel and celery into a large bowl and drizzle with olive oil and lemon juice. Season with salt and pepper and toss gently to combine. Top with lots of freshly shaved Parmesan and chopped fennel fronds if you like.
Very good, very easy
Source: Mark Bittman reprinted in the New York Times, November 24, 2008