Yield: Serves 6
Time: 30 minutes
Surprising in every way. Delicious, fresh, and bright.
This can be easily halved, and served with slightly smaller portions for four.
- 1-1/2 pounds zucchini
- 1/2 cup torn mint leaves
- 1 cup shaved aged pecorino Romano (or Parmesan)
- 1 small head fennel, cored and thinly shaved
- Juice of 1 lemon, plus more as needed
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil, plus more as needed
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Use a vegetable peeler or mandoline to thinly shave the zucchini lengthwise.
- In a large bowl, toss together the zucchini, fennel, mint, pecorino Romano, lemon juice and olive oil. Season with salt and black pepper. Add more lemon juice or olive oil to taste.